Instructions & Requirements
- 1. Choose your bundle and send the activation code (see table) via SMS to 3434:
For example: to activate the Smart Combo Month 2500 send COMBOM2500 to 3434
- Confirmation message:
You will receive an SMS requesting to confirm the data service you have just applied for. Send A to confirm the requested data plan and after confirmation you will receive an SMS with the message that your data plan has been charged. Immediately after this you will receive another SMS confirming that your data plan has been activated.
Before activating a Smart Surf Bundle, please take the following into consideration:
- A UTS 4G+ SIM card is required:
you can visit our UTS Store to change your current SIM card for a 4G+ SIM card. This is free of charge.
- A compatible smartphone is required:
double check if you have a smartphone device with the following frequencies: 2G: 900/1800 Mhz, 3G/4G: 850/2100 MHz, LTE: Band 3 (1800).
- Change the APN to PREMIUM on your smartphone:
The APN setting on your smartphone needs to be changed to the word “ premium” in order for the Smart Combo bundles to work. These settings vary per smartphone, but can often be found in Settings-> Mobile Network-> APN.
If you don’t have a smartphone with the right frequency, you can purchase a compatible smartphone at our UTS Store. Check available smartphones.
- The service is applicable for prepaid customers and can be activated when in homeland.
- The Smart Combo Bundles are applicable to be used in homeland.
- Unlimited talk is applicable for calls made to Chippie numbers in home location and in Chippieland while in homeland.
- Unlimited SMS is applicable for SMS send to all local mobile numbers.
- Limited Data that can be used in homeland as well as in Chippieland.
- • A Fair use policy of 3000 minutes is applicable on the minutes in the Smart Combo Bundles.